Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blogging Debates

Next Wednesday's readings are currently being processed by the library. When they are done, all three should be available online. The first two, Jill Walker Rettberg's "From Bards to Blogs" and my "Writing and Citizenship," situate blogging in specific historical contexts. In my case, I explore how my own attempts to use blogs led to a productive debate about the public nature of blogs.

The Kathleen West article is a discussion of how she used blogs for literary response. If the library's copy of the article doesn't show up online soon, then you might start by reading the version linked on this course wiki, a doc file (which may be slow to download depending upon your modem speed).

I would also like you to check out Abby Clobridge's "Adventures with Kyle," a discussion of her use of blogging in an elementary school classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment