Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Why Heater Can Write"

As a seventh grade language arts teacher, I find this article refreshing and inspiring. My biggest challenges are presented during writing instruction. Many students lack the motivation to write and if motivated, the skills necessary to create rich and meaningful writing. Often times, I find myself on the brink of discouragement unable to inspire my students to take an interest in writing. However, reading this article has given me new hope that although my students show little interest in the writing assignments presented to them, maybe they have a found a creative outlet via the internet. In addition, this article has caused me to reflect on my own teaching practices and consider whether I can create these experiences in my own class.

No comments:

Post a Comment