Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Writing and Citizenship

Because the library never posted my article or Jill Walker Rettberg's article, I'll try to walk you through them a little in this blog post and in class. Here is my original reaction to having my assignment discovered by some of the subjects of the assignment and my reaction after calming down a few hours later. At the time I wrote these entries, I had been blogging for less than a year, so my reaction is probably shaped by the fact that blogs were still novel for me.

Here are some sample student responses that we can examine: Sara C; Alex K; Derek; and Tessa R.

One of the blogs I discuss is Rhetoric and Democracy, but the primary blog I discuss is "Writing to the Moment." The final entry on this blog shows how one of the subjects reacted to the scrutiny he received from my students.

Obviously privacy concerns would likely shape how blogs were used in a high school setting, but hopefully these blogs can illustrate my perspective a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment