Monday, January 12, 2009

Tracking Teaching Strategies

One of my goals this semester is to work with you on finding interesting teaching strategies that you might be able to implement in your classrooms in creative ways. We'll be doing this in part by working together in some form on compiling blog posts for a teaching carnival that I will host on my personal blog on March 23.

But I will also try to highlight other creative teaching strategies and interesting pedagogical discussions and would encourage you to do the same. One activity that I'd love to try this semester, perhaps in a freshman composition class is a variation on George Williams' Sticky Notes and Flickr activity, which he used to address the question of whether or not Gulliver's Travels is a novel, and which he described on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment