Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Welcome to English 518

This is the official course blog for Dr. Chuck Tryon's English 518 course, Technology in the Language Arts Curriculum, taught at Fayetteville State University. In this course, we will consider how various digital communications technologies, such as blogs, microblogs, wikis, and social networking and bookmarking sites, can be used for K-12 teachers in the language arts classroom.

You can learn more about the course from my personal blog, The Chutry Experiment, where I recently wrote about my plans for the course. Or you can follow me on Twitter, where I have also received advice about the course. Finally, you can see some of the texts I've considered discussing by looking at my delicious links, especially those focused on English 518, a tag I'll also be encouraging my students to use as well.

One of the major projects in English 518 will be to produce, in collaboration with my English 110 students, a wiki focused on local history and culture tentatively called The Fayetteville Project after Walter Benjamin's famous, sprawling analysis of 19th-century consumer culture, The Arcades Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment